Monster Mash Mile
Monster Mash Mile – Friday, October 27:
Monster Mash Mile is our fun annual fundraiser where the students get to dress up in costume and collect candy around the track! Donations will be collected starting today through 10/25. Instead of envelopes, we will be using 99 Pledges! If you prefer to make a check or cash donation, please send in an envelope labeled Monster Mash, student name, and 1st Period teacher name.
We are excited to streamline our fundraiser by going online with 99Pledges. You will now be able to reach out to friends and family by email, Facebook, and Twitter, instead of going door-to-door, tracking commitments, and handling checks.
To add your child as a participant, please follow these 3 easy steps:
Go to this link – www.99pledges.com/fund/Cooley2023/addme
Enter your child’s name, enter your email(s), and select their group. (Period 1 Teacher)
Click “Add” > this will take you to your newly created pledge page!
All you have to do is make a donation for whatever amount you can and share your child’s pledge page link with friends and family. We are shooting for 100% participation so no amount is too small.
Here is some sample sharing text:
” NAME is participating in a fundraiser, and would love your support. If you’d like to donate, you can do so online at the following link: YOUR PLEDGE PAGE LINK ”
Don’t forget…there are prizes to reward you for your fundraising efforts, including:
Everyone will participate in the celebration activities around the track!
Earn $25 – “U Pick Pass” Single use no PE Run or Front of the Line Lunch Pass
Earn $50 – VIP tent access during the event
Earn $100 – A Pizza & Pop party
Earn $150 – 2 VIP seats for 8th grade promotion (open to 8th grade students only)
Remember if you already did the deluxe membership for $100, you earned all the prizes.
Monster Mash Mile on Friday, October 27 – Costume Rules
We will go to classes on October 27 and then have Monster Mash Mile by grade levels. We’ll have the schedule in the bulletin soon. This is a student/staff only event except for parents who have signed up through PTC to volunteer to help with the event.
Students can wear costumes to school on Friday, October 27, as part of the PTC Monster Mash Mile Fundraiser and Celebration! The following are expectations for costumes:
1. No masks or face paint are allowed that cover students’ entire faces. Students’ faces must be visible at all times (this includes morph type suits).
2. No weapons or fake weapons are allowed – even as props.
3. All costumes must be culturally/ethnically respectful and kind and may not be ” negatively representative” of any culture/ethnicity. Another way to also look at this expectation is to not choose costumes that stereotype a culture/ethnic group.
4. Costumes must follow school dress code, although pajamas are allowed (see the handbook in the planner).
5. Costumes may not be worn prior to Friday, October 27.
6. Administration will have students change into other clothes if the costume is inappropriate for school. Administration reserves the right to make this determination.
7. We will not accept delivery by families of costumes/props, so please make sure you have everything you need the day of the Monster Mash Mile.
8. See an Administrator at lunch in the main quad if you have any questions about your costume. An Administrator will be happy to talk with you and help you decide if your costume is cool for school. Thank you for keeping our costumes safe, responsible, respectful, and kind for this special day!